KEYNOTE ADDRESS - PROFESSOR NEELI BENDAPUDI, Ph. D., Professor of Marketing and Director, Initiative for Managing Services Fisher College of Business, The Ohio State University
We had the pleasure of hearing Professor Bendapudi speak today at the opening session of this year’s annual conference. Here are some of the highlights from her speech.
Title of Speech – Customer Apostles
· Do you REALLY know who your customer is?
· Do you REALLY know what they want?
o Try standing behind your customer and looking at the world from their viewpoint
o Does every level of your company see their part of the process from your customer’s viewpoint?
· How do you create WOMP? (Word of Mouth Potential)
o Your employees are your living brand
o Can every employee tell your company story?
- Effective way to teach your culture
o Do your employees know how to create a Gumby moment?
- Being flexible to your customer needs
- The ability to really listen and solve their problems
- And do it with speed and accuracy
o Your customer highest trust is in what other customers say about your product service over what you claim
· Your employees are your living brand
o Hire correctly
o Do they show passion
· Customer Apostle versus Terrorists
o Do you know which buckets your customers are in?
o Only 4% of customers ever complain
o You should see a complaint as a gift
· Make a LASTing impression when you receive a complaint
o Solve the problem to the best you can
o Thank them